I cleaned up and finished the rubber around my driver's seat. Since I like that so much, I also picked up some 4'x8' rubber mats from Tractor Supply Co. that are 3/4" to match the thickness of the bamboo flooring. I put this under my bed area becuase it will just be for storage. and the texture will help to keep the rubber bins in place. The amount of bamboo I had would have probably covered it but it would have been close and I would have had to use pieces that were less than ideal. So this felt like a good solution.
After much debating, I went ahead with a new seat that swivels and provides way more space in the driver's area. The previous air ride driver's seat was comfortable but huge and not aesthetically pleasing. The nice thing about the post seat is that I can switch out to another chair if I find this one isn't a good fit. But so far I like it.
And so this is how it looks currently: